Welcome to Open Everything wik
Open Everything is a global conversation web page about the art, science and spirit of ‘open’. It gathers people using openness to create and improve software, education, media, philanthropy, architecture, neighbourhoods, workplaces and the society we live in: everything. It’s about thinking, doing and being open.
Want to organize one in your town? Want to help with one of the planned events? Join the Discussion Mailing List to learn how and get help from other organizers.
Each Open Everything event is different. Topics might include: open business models; running participatory events; the art, science and meaning of open; speedgeek case studies; community engagement; taking open source thinking beyond the tech world; essay writing; open train wrecks (what went wrong?). What actually gets discussed on the day depends on who shows up, and what they’re passionate about.
Eventually, we hope different kinds of Open Everything will happen all over the place. The idea is for people to pick it up and morph it.
Open is changing the game. And, while wikpedia and open source software offer great examples of what's up, we know that openness, collaboration and participation are spreading well beyond the realm of technology. It’s about value, and values. Where open is headed is huge. Open Everything gathers people who are charting this trajectory.
Many of us are mashing-up different kinds of open. Open source. Open space. Open orgware. Openness is at the core of our businesses, organizations and networks. Open Everything is for us and by us: it’s about connecting and looking under the hood of each other’s projects, seeing how they tick, when they work and where they break. It’s a about learning how to do open better, together.
Discussion Mailing List – General questions and help planning Open Everything events worldwide.
Announcement Mailing List – Event and other significat announcements only, low-traffic, moderated.
Past Open Everythings include:
- Search Phantom, London, England – April 3 full day event
- Open Everything NYC, New York, NY, USA – April 18, 2009 @ UNICEF – full day event.
- OpenCamp: An OpenEverything Event at OMG! Open Madison Group April 1, 2009
- OMG! Open Madison Group, Madison, Wisconsin, USA – December 6, 2008 – full day event. [wik]
- openeverything.hk, Hong Kong SAR, China – December 6, 2008 – full day event.
- newthinking store, Berlin, Germany – December 6, 2008 – full day event.
- Young Foundation, London, England – November 6, 2008 at the Roundhouse – full day event.
- Lien Centre for Social Innovation, Singapore – September 15, 2008 – half day chat.
- Hollyhock, Cortes Island, British Columbia – September 3 – 6, 2008 – three day retreat [wik]
- University of the Western Cape, Cape Town, South Africa – August 22, 2008 – half day chat.
- Centre for Social Innovation, , Canada – finished – half day chat [wik]
- Tag page
- What links here